my son will never...

A funny (I promise) insight into the world of being a wife, mom and teacher. Every day when I leave my job as a high school teacher, I think of all of the things my own precious son will never do when he is a teenager. I've decided to write it all down, just to make sure...

Thursday, June 15, 2006

8 Days?!

I can't believe it's been 8 days since my last entry. Not that anyone reads. Not that anyone has been sitting on the edge of their seat. Not that my audience has been let down. But it's theraputic for me. I need it right now.

Yes. I'm feeling kind of sorry for myself right now. I've had a shitty week and a half at work, plus Gus had a shitty doctor's appointment in the middle of it all. His doctor basically told me my kid was delayed because he does not do the following: sit up on his own, pull himself in to the standing position, say "Mama" or "Dada", play interactive games with me, eat solid foods, count to ten, recite the pythagorean theory, OR get his bid in in time for the Virginia primaries (which he would have won, hands down). F that. I wouldn't say that I'm a worrier, but now when my kid babbles I find myself thinking it's not good enough; when he's sitting and playing, I find myself wondering why he can't crawl; when I give him a sippy cup I find myself wondering why he doesn't know how it works; when I call his name, I find myself wondering why he doesn't care to respond unless I'm performing a song and dance. Damn doctor. A week ago I thought his babbling was the most precious thing; a week ago I was grateful that I could leave the room for a second without thinking he was crawling toward an accident waiting to happen; a week ago I was impressed at his strength while he used his sippy cup as a sledgehammer; a week ago the highlight of my day was doing backflips while saying his name to get him to look at me. A week ago I knew I still had a week left of work before I would be the sole person responsible for my kid's daily stimulation. I guess that's it. I'm scared that when I have to do this mom thing all day every day for the entire summer, I won't be good enough. I don't even know the pythagorean theory.

My son will never listen to people who only want to point out his flaws and let them FREAK HIM OUT OH MY GOD MY SON IS SLOOOOOOW!

Wow. I feel better already. That last part made me laugh. Seriously. He's frickin' perfect. Always has been. He's just waiting for when mommy is home with him to do all the cool stuff because he knew I wouldn't want to miss it for anything.

4 Comments:

Anonymous pf said...

the last line is perfect, bf. i told mom, when she said last night that he was aaaaaaaaaalmost crawling - "after the week the bf had, if he does crawl, don't tell her. let her be surprised when he does it for the "first" time for HER." he didn't . . . to my knowledge, but that's what next week is for. lah you.

6:26 PM  
Blogger chewes said...

Whats he doing now? Switched over from the Smackdown and have a baby 11 months - was wondering how old yours was and what he was doing now....

By the way, this is my 3rd and they are ALL different - not slow or whatever....I didnt walk until I was 16 months old - and you know what - i dont think that is slow, I think its SMART...why do things when you can get people to do it for you....lol.

Hang in there - I know this is so so so late.....

11:37 AM  
Blogger Great Future said...

Unlimited Earnings Potential - http://1greatfuture.com

Our company is rapidly growing and offers you an extraordinary income helping others succeed. The primary requirement is to follow up on client inquiries and point them in the right direction. It is stress free, rewarding and straightforward work.

For complete details: http://1greatfuture.com


(Please feel free to delete this post if you don't want it on your blog. Thanks for the informative blog and opportunity to post.)

7:44 PM  
Blogger Free Webmail Program said...

Webmail program for the major free email sites -
http://inovasphere.com/mmail.htm

My Mail 1.0 is configured to work with AOL, Gmail, Hotmail, Linuxmail, and Yahoo. With My Mail 1.0 you get the benefit of premium services without having to pay site fees. My Mail 1.0 completely automates the process of sending and receiving mail from the major sites, saving you time and trouble.

My Mail 1.0 eliminates the need to visit web sites to send and receive mail, which increases the speed of sending and receiving email by over 80%, even if they do not offer what is known as POP3, IMAP and SMTP. My Mail 1.0's look is also fully customizable. One you use it, you'll never want to go back to the web site again to get your mail.

For complete details: http://inovasphere.com/mmail.htm




(Please feel free to delete this post if you don't want it on your blog. Thanks for the informative blog and opportunity to post.)

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home